Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kylie - Part VII

... placed them on hers." *

I always wondered what the forth dimension really is. Traditionally, they say it's time. So how can time be a forth dimension? I think I understand how. The concept of time is pretty complexe and pretty simple at the same... time. When they kissed, they did not grow older, night did not become day and winter did not become spring. She simply felt like she existed forever. The moment itself, propagated throughout the whole universe, or at least this is how she felt.

*- "There is this thing I've invited to. I don't want to go but I have to!" complained kylie.
- "Then don't go!", he screamed.
- "I told you, I can't, it's something important for my self-image at work! It's important! Don't make it harder on me!", she screamed back.
- "Do whatever you want!" he replied.

She got pissed, got out of his car and slammed the door. He did not wait for her to regain intelligence, he started his car and drove away. She cried as hell that night. She couldn't ask him to be with her, he didn't understand that it's something she had to do, and bringing him along, will be extremely boring for him and worriesome
for her.

That night she went to her thing. She was there. She preserved her self-image, the image she worked hard on regaining. Regaining because due to her previous relationship, she sort of messed up.*

Emotional blackmail, and mental stress do not make you more productive at work, or anywhere for that matter. Would she rather be with him? Of course she does. Would he? Most definitely! Then why are they disputing? What's wrong? Why do couples sometimes make things worse while if they both look deep inside, even not that deep inside, they will see that all the arguments, all the accusations, all the yelling is only because they love each other so hard that they found out that the world is only a place that means nothing if one is not there for the other.

Perhaps they don't believe that good things happen to good people. Is it too good to be true? The human being has been trained all his life to dream about happiness, to dream big, but when it comes they are not as happy as they thought they would be. Why? Because they'd rather diminish from their positive feelings in order to prevent being hit in the face, with disappointment, failure or criticism.

Or maybe they're doing all that because they know they're getting too attached to each other, and losing each other is out of question. It's the first step to loneliness, isolation, alienation, craziness and sorrow. It's not a cliché, it's not drama, it's reality.

*- "Want me to pick you up? I'd hate for you to get back home that late!" he expressed with worry.
- "Don't worry, I will be home some, a colleague of mine will drop me off. I will call you as soon as I get home." she answered and calmed him down.*

But the beauty of such a relationship, of such sincere and honest communication is that in 1 minute things will go back to heir course.

*- "Are you going to take that offer? If yes, how many times will you come back to the country per year? Will I see you? What's gonna happen to us?" she blurted with multiple questions all anxious.
- "Babe, am not sure I'll take the offer. We'll see"
- "But, it's a good opportunity, I'd hate to think you would change your career path just for me, I'd hate that!" she said with tears in her eyes awaiting any word to explode.
- "What's wrong with changing my path just for you? you see, I ..."

Gotta go back to work, have a deadline.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly I didn't like the previous part, I felt that it was very quickly written. But this one is really very good. I liked it, I liked the questions you asked and the analysis you've made. Plus the romantic part of the relativity theory was nice too :)

    ReplyDelete