A gynecologist who was there told a story, he said he works somewhere in the mountains, 1000 meters above sea level, and one day, the father in law of a new bride, brought that bride to him and told him:
- "Check if she was open (--maftou7a-- the slang word used in Arabic to refer to women who lost their virginity), or not.
The doctor answered:
- "Ok will check her but you'll need to get out."
The father in law insisted to stay inside, but the doctor told him:
- "You can't because you are not her husband."
- "I will go to the city and take her to the syndicate of doctors and have her checked, if you are lying to me, I will cause you a problem"
And then the gynecologist's answered brilliantly:
- "I will give you a paper saying that she's a virgin when she left my clinic, and then you took her..."
I was the first in the room to applaud.
Thoughts and opinions
Thoughts? The pompous ass presenter wanted the male feedback on the matter, whether they would marry a none-virgin. A guy replied: "I would only marry a none-virgin". His reasons were:
- She's lying
- She has done everything without losing her virginity
- She had her hymen restored
He forgot that it is possible that she's really a virgin. But what difference does it make? So what do you think about women's virginity or the lack of it in Lebanon, do you think it's a retro subject and we in Lebanon should be beyond it, or is it still a taboo for you or your surroundings?
Painting by Salvador Dali "My wife naked watching her own body"